Summer Smoothie – Carrot Mango Smoothie (VG)
Who doesn’t love summer?
When the days are longer, ablaze with sun and energy!
When one gets to wear tees, shorts, and stay outdoors hours after work/school!
When we unplug from the ordinary world to go on the most-longed-for holiday: road trips, beach tan, water sports, mountain hikes, or simply a staycation at home with some good books!
And of course, this is when some of the most delicious fruits are in season: the colourful berry family, peaches and nectarines, cherries, apricots, (water)melons, mangoes, and many others depending on our locations. This means, fruit cakes, salads, and smoothies of 101 shades and flavours take over the reign.
For me, mangoes top the list! And this creamy carrot mango smoothie is a go-to smoothie for a morning fuel. Lusciously delicious, rich in vitamin A, B, C, potassium, and anti-oxidants
Ingredients – 4 servings
- 120gr baby carrots, cubed
- 100gr celery stalk, cut into chunks
- Flesh of 1 medium mango, approx 250gr, cut into chunks
- 20gr chia seeds, soaked in 120ml non-dairy milk (best overnight)
- (Optional) 5g ginger, sliced
- 1 medium orange, juiced (yields about 150ml)
- 300ml milk of choice OR coconut water
- Put everything in a Nutribullet or Vitamix with vegetable and softer ingredients on top and harder ones closer to the blade
- Blend 2-3 rounds of 10-second until creamy
- Garnish with mint and some coconut flakes
Nutritional Value per serving (MyFitnessPal)
- Calories: 107Cal / 448Kj ; Fat: 3gr ; Potassium: 220mg ; Carb: 19.5gr ; Fiber: 4.7gr ; Sugar: 13.2.6gr ; Vit A: 53% DV ; Vit C: 42% DV ; Calc: 20% DV