Quick brekkie – Microwave banana peanut butter oatmeal
One of the best resources I have discovered on Youtube on my quest for #foodspiration is the channel of Gemma Stafford, who is the queen of mug recipes. Here you can find a large collection quick, simple, and delicious meals that can be made à-la-minute with a microwave. You can make them in a mug for small/light meals, or in bigger bowls for lunch or supper. Super cool, right?
Her genius mug meals have given me so much inspo and idea’s, especially for quick weekday breakfasts. All I do then is to play around with whatever I have in the house and give a few healthier twists.
And this banana peanut butter oatmeal mug is the quickest, easiest, and probably the most frequently revisited. It is super flavourful, filling, and nutritious with loads of protein, potassium, vitamins, healthy fats and antioxidants.
See how often I make this? All year round 😉
Ingredients & Method
For 1 serving:
- 1/2 medium banana, about 90gr, mashed with a fork
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened, unsalted organic peanut butter
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- Mix wet ingredients together
- In a bowl or mug, mix 25gr rolled oats + 2 tbsp peanut butter powder (*) + 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon + a pinch of sea salt
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Mix well
- Place in Microwave at 900W for 45 seconds, give it 2-3 stir, then continue for another 45 seconds. Lower to total 1 min if you’re cooking at 1000W
- Layer on top some sliced banana (1/4-1/2 of the remaining), fresh berries and chopped peanuts
VOILA! Your brekkie is ready in less than 5 mins
(*) Powdered peanut butter is peanuts that have been grounded into powder with significant amount of oil and fats removed while protein content remains.